F-Coin
Audio Sources
Flac Files
AMPs
FIIO M9
regtime
2019-9-22
Post time 2021-1-27 06:32:31 |Show all posts |
I continue my never ending search for easier play from my M11 while in my car. So far I have found:

1. I cannot make use of the vehicles Android Auto due to the old custom version of Android installed on the M11. Hopefully FIIO will update the Android version and provide support to Android Auto sometime in the future as this would be a preferred car play mode.

2. I am unable to play the M11 via the vehicles USB audio selection. The FIIO is never found by the vehicle with the connection and the M11 is in USB DAC mode. I have a separate question thread on that but I suspect it is not supported by FIIO.

3. Currently I am only able to play my M11 through the cars audio system via then 3.5mm auxiliary connection. This works fine but selection and play must be initiated from the FIIO device, which is dangerous and illegal in many areas when driving.

Today I started to investigate play through the vehicle's Bluetooth audio connection mode. I am able to pair the two and I can select Music from the FIIO and it will play in the car. Once I select a music album, I can change tracks from that album. But I am unable to Browse through the car's system to change album or artist. The Browse button/option on my car's LCD screen is inactive.

So my question is, and I welcome FIIO to answer:

Has anyone been able to get their car's audio system Bluetooth function to Browse and change catagories like artist and album as found on the M11, without having to perform this directly from the FIIO M11? Is this possible? Or is this another FIIO limitation?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2021-1-27 10:08:46 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

You could consider whether a Bluetooth remote control will help? If you could install the app in your car system, you could try to install the FiiO Music app in it and use the Bluetooth FiiO Link function for check as well.

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Flac Files
AMPs
FIIO M9
regtime
2019-9-22
Post time 2021-1-30 12:11:15 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2021-1-27 10:08
Dear friend,

You could consider whether a Bluetooth remote control will help? If you could install  ...

Thank you. I will look into it.

Please understand that my goal is to have the FIIO M11 play through my car’s Infotainment system and be controlled from the cars system. So far all I have been able to do is have the FIIO drive the audio play, such as via a Auxiliary port connection, which when driving is difficult and dangerous.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2021-2-1 16:19:53 |Show all posts |
We will  also report your feedback to the product manager.

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-3-2 00:22 , Processed in 0.020321 second(s), 23 queries .