AMPs
BTR5, Q5s TC
Head Gears
Fiio FH7
regtime
2020-12-20
Post time 2020-12-22 13:29:32 |Show all posts |
Hello,

I have a very specific issue, where I cannot getANY iOS device (NOT iPadOS devices) to recognise my Fiio Q5s Type C viathe supplied Lightning to USB-C cable.

ALL other functions seem to work: with one Androiddevice I own ( a Sony ZX1 Compact), several Windows 10 devices, and one iPadOSdevice ( an iPad Pro 11 inch).

HOWEVER I cannot get ANY iOS device to recognisethe Q5s Type, with the supplied lightning to USB-C cable, or and ANY other suchcable ( I own several other lightning to USB-C cables).

I first attempted to upgrade the firmware on theFiio q5s support page, not realizing it may be not for the Type C model I own.It now reports as having Firmware 0.39.

Any assistance, such as how to acquire a copy ofthe current firmware for the Q5s Type C, so I can apply it on the device, and attemptto resolve the problem. I am also willing to test beta firmware. If I get not assistancehere I will have return the device to the retailer, so I would prefer to try toresolve the problem with Fiio Support first, before I start a RMA request.

Another issue is that I cannot stream beyond 48 kHzon the Sony Android phone, although that may be a limitation of the phoneitself. I have not been able to find specifications on the maximum audiobitrate for the USB-C port of the Sony ZX1 compact.

PLEASE no time wasters, or further questions. I amin Technology, so I have tried every conceivable troubleshooting step in mypower, including approximately 7 different iPhone models, and various iOSversions.

The Firmware is not publicly available to downloadanywhere that I can see, and I am happy to test a Beta firmware, hoping that itmay resolve this issue.

It seems to be a very obvious issue, unless myunit is defective. I doubt this, because nearly all other features work,pointing to a software problem.

Thanks,

Adam

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
BTR5, Q5s TC
Head Gears
Fiio FH7
regtime
2020-12-20
Post time 2020-12-29 10:34:18 |Show all posts |
BUMP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-12-31 16:04:52 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

It seems that we have replied you via email before.
According to your description, the issue is related to the lightning adapter.

And the firmware for Q5s TC if you have updated the 0.39 Q5s firmware for it: http://l70.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/q5s_dfu_054.bin

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-2-26 23:36 , Processed in 0.018920 second(s), 23 queries .