FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 1456|Reply: 4

[M7] File Mgmt app stops when clicking on any music file after update to FW1.0.8

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M7
AMPs
Fiio M7
regtime
2020-4-19
Post time 2020-9-28 05:41:55 |Show all posts |
After installing the FW1.0.8 firmware update, the File Manager now always stops (crashes) whenever I click on any music file (mp3, flac, etc.).  It doesn't matter whether the music file is on Internal or External Storage.  The first time I click on any music file I get the message "File Management has stopped."  On all subsequent attempts I get the pop-up "File Management keeps stopping."  Rebooting the M7s doesn't help.

I own two FiiO M7s (& love them!).  They both behave the exact same way with firmware FW1.0.8.  The "File Management" app worked just fine on both of them with prior firmware FW1.0.4 & FW1.0.7.

Both M7s are configured the same way with the same music files (approx. 99GB) on the 256GB MicroSD card I've installed in each of them.  As I stated above, the File Management app worked just fine on previous firmware versions.

I did find a recommended fix on your forums which had a link to "File manager.apk", but since it specified "after updating the FW1.0.4" firmware and also the M6, I didn't know if I should try installing it on my M7s.  (Should I???)

I also created log files on both M7s after File Mgmt app crashed so that I could attach them.  I connected the M7s to my Windows 7 PC (& also tried on my Win7 laptop), but neither will let me copy them from the Internal Storage location.  I can't copy them anywhere -- to another Internal Storage folder; to anywhere on the External Storage (microSD card); nor can I copy them to my PC or laptop.  Both PC & laptop have the M7 MTP driver installed.

Any suggestions as to anything I could do to resolve this?  The FiiO Music app works fine, but I often don't have time to let it update newly added music files so I use the File Management app to access newly added music.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, MP3
AMPs
M7
regtime
2020-5-14
Post time 2020-9-30 08:53:58 |Show all posts |
You'll have to search the forum for it, as I can't remember which post I found it in, but FiiO provided an updated version of the File Manager APK that might resolve your issue.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio M7
AMPs
Fiio M7
regtime
2020-4-19
Post time 2020-10-1 02:39:16 |Show all posts |
FiiO Customer Service responded via email & provided the link to the update for the file management app.  I installed it on both M7s and the problem is fixed.

Here's what they sent via email:

Thank you for your mail and support to FiiO.

Please try to install this file management app for help: http://l70.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com/File%20manager.apk
How to install the app: You can copy the apk file of the qualified app to the M6, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.
You would need to remove the white list limitation first:  go to "Settings -> General > About device" and tap 7 times on 'Kernel version' to remove the limitation,and then reboot the player.

Should you have further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

FiiO Customer Service

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Amazon
AMPs
regtime
2015-11-25
Post time 2020-10-1 08:11:57 |Show all posts |
After downloading and installing the latest update for fiio music app version 3 I find that my app keeps crashing and an error message states that fiio music has stopped working. I installed the update for the m series because I own the M11. I tried updating it a couple times and I keep getting this error message.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-10-12 11:38:48 |Show all posts |
kgs51 replied at 2020-10-1 08:11
After downloading and installing the latest update for fiio music app version 3 I find that my app k ...

Dear user,

Please try to update this app and check again:
http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiO%20MusicM%20Beta100903.apk

Does the issue still remain?

How to update:

Set the device to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the device. Then disconnect the connection and enter ES file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal_sd and click install.

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-3-2 00:06 , Processed in 0.021369 second(s), 23 queries .