Audio Sources
Q5
AMPs
Q5
regtime
2020-8-26
Post time 2020-8-26 05:26:44 |Show all posts |
Team;
This morning I found that the battery expanded in my Q5.
I ordered a new battery from Aliexprss but quickly found that the back cover appears to be stuck on (possibly broken when the battery expanded).
The unit still works - so I'm thinking it's nothing I can do but throw it away at some point. I know I will not be able to travel with it in this state.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-8-26 17:48:15 |Show all posts |
Sorry to hear about that.....

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Q5
AMPs
Q5
regtime
2020-8-26
Post time 2020-9-6 06:26:02 |Show all posts |
I just replaced the battery which isn't really "user replaceable," however it's doable.
It's 5 screws that keep the back door in place, two which are easy to find (once you remove the amp from the bottom), the other three are hidden under the black soft rubber. The soft rubber is held on with glue, you don't have completely remove it - just gently pull back from the top to expose the screws. Once the door is "free" you will find a few challenges one is the bluetooth antenna which is "kind of" glued in place, this is easily removed but not too easy to put back (I found you don't have to glue it back, just press very firmly when reattaching). Second issue, is the battery for some reason is glued to the door . I used a very small flat head screw driver pull it off, it's also attached to the system board with a small "silver plate" which is attached with a small screw. Once removed, you will see a small piece of black tape (you may want to save this and use on the new battery). Reverse the steps to install the new battery. You shouldn't have to use any new glue, the old/existing glue works to hold the new battery to the door just fine.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-2-27 00:40 , Processed in 0.020593 second(s), 23 queries .