DACs
BTR3, E17, BTR1, Q5, i1
Head Gears
Sennheiser Momentum, Audeze EL-8, Bowers and Wilkins PX, Fischer Amps FA-4E XB
regtime
2018-8-7
Post time 2020-6-14 20:40:24 |Show all posts |
Hello Forum!

I have two concerns, first a problem and second a few questions which I unfortunately could not solve or find out using Internet research.
I would like to use my FiiO Q5 on an old HP notebook that I set up as a Roon Bridge as a HiRes output device on the existing hi-fi system. The current situation:
The Q5 is connected to the notebook with two USB cables, one for charging on the side of the Q5 and one for the audio information on the bottom of the device. The Q5 is connected to the amplifier (Aux in) via the line out output.

First the problem: I noticed that the Q5 keeps turning itself off after a short while, even though the computer is still running (and charging). At first I thought that this could be solved by connecting the Q5 to a second USB output on the computer using a second USB cable on the side of its charging port. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Can you somehow prevent that, is there a simple solution to that?

And then my second concern:
Now I want to correctly enter the capabilities of the Q5 in the Roon software, for which I lack the necessary information. Therefore my questions:
What do you have to enter in the area "DSD playback method", "convert to PCM" or "DSD via PCM V1.0" or "original dCS method"?
And which settings are the right ones in the MQA capabilities section: "Renderer only", "Decoder only" or "Decoder and Renderer". "Original" is unfortunately not displayed and "No MQA" is obviously wrong.
For the time being, I selected the settings "DSD via PCM V1.0" and "Decoder and Renderer". Is that correct?

I am happy about every answer. Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Derek

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-6-15 15:43:38 |Show all posts |
1. You could check the settings in the FiiO Music app-BT control-Q5. Have you turned on any power off setting option?
2. Can the DSD in Q5 light up? The Q5 does not support MQA.

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-2-27 00:28 , Processed in 0.020765 second(s), 23 queries .