Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
Fiio M11
regtime
2019-10-16
Post time 2019-10-16 02:57:32 |Show all posts |
Hello,

I just recieved my new M11 yesterday. I loaded a 400GB micro SD card with abulk of my FLAC library - about 250GB of files. My player has the most currentfirmware (1.0.7) and player app (Fiio Music Version 1.1.5) installed.  

I usually search by Artist - Album and play entire albums.  In the FiiOmusic player app, the album tracks sort and play alphabetically, which does notwork for me. I listen to albums in the order they are intended to beheard.  I can't listen to an album like Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moonout of order. If I play from folder view, the tracks play in the correct order- probably because I have METICULOUSLY named my files formatted as Artist -Album - Track # - song title.FLAC

I have confirmed that the tagging information is correct in my files.  Ispent an obscene amount of time over the years ensuring the tagging informationis perfect.  Yes, I am OCD!  The track #'s are listed as 1/6, 2/6,3/6, etc. Yet when I go to the "track information" on the M11, thetrack number listing is 0 (zero). I understand that if there is no track #information in the file, the player will resort to alphabetical sorting.

As an experiment, I changed the track #'s on one album to 1, 2, 3, etc.,deleting the  (Track)"of"(Total) slash. This fixed the issuewith this one album.  However, with Thousands of tracks in my library, itis unacceptible to have to go back and make this minor tweak. Especially sinceall of my other players work with the track numbering in this format: Sonos,Winamp, Windows Media Player, etc.

I have gone through every setting I can find on this player, all to no avail. Ihope that this is just a firmware issue.

What is the solution to this problem?

Thanks, Matt

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-10-16 16:15:26 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

Track number like A/B is not supported by the FiiO Music app. We could report to the engineer for assessing first.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
Fiio M11
regtime
2019-10-16
Post time 2019-10-16 22:42:23 |Show all posts |
Does this mean that FiiO is going to fix this in an upcoming update?

If not, I will be forced to install a different player app that does support A/B track numbering.

I have over 10,000 tracks tagged this way. It would be a monumental effort to renumber them. I can't imagine spending the time to do this. I am happy with the sound of the M11 so far, but this is unacceptable.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC
AMPs
Fiio M11
regtime
2019-10-16
Post time 2019-10-16 23:18:14 |Show all posts |
In addition, my wife & daughter have M7 players, bought 5 of months ago. Both of their units do not have this problem with the FiiO Player app.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2019-10-21 10:46:16 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer for assessing about that.

You have tried the same files in the M7 but the issue doesn't remain?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FIIO
AMPs
FIIO M11 PRO
regtime
2019-10-25
Post time 2019-11-26 03:04:50 |Show all posts |
I have the same problem in the M11 Pro. I am not able to play the songs in the order I want, there is no way.
I have updated the Fiio Music app, changed the parameters of the songs, numbers, created mu3 lists, and it is impossible.
What order do id3tags have to have in order for everything to go in order?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2019-11-26 11:24:18 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

What order would you prefer?? And which playmode are you choosing?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FIIO
AMPs
FIIO M11 PRO
regtime
2019-10-25
Post time 2019-11-26 17:14:28 |Show all posts |
What I want is to reproduce the songs in the order that I have assigned them, the first, then the second, the third, and that does not pass from the first to the fifth or the sixth, and then return to the third, all randomly without sense. I choose an artist, then the album and then the first song. And I want to later reproduce the following in the proper order. It is very uncomfortable that he chooses what he wants especially in instrumental music that his order of reproduction has to be the one that is assigned to find coherence..

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2019-11-28 12:01:40 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

Please check the play mode you are choosing again:

QQ截图20191128115853.png

Loop all or shuffle?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M3K
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2021-1-11
Post time 2021-1-11 04:18:01 |Show all posts |
Just set up my brand new M3K for the first time and ran into this same issue.

As a word on priority, if you have engineers or managers who think this is low priority, it's not.  THIS IS A HIGH PRIORITY BUG TO FIX.  You kill your word-of-mouth promotion dead with little bugs like this; I can't recommend this player to friends with such a simple and obviously stupid usability bug in it by default.

The suggested workaround, retagging the files to have track numbers "#" instead of "#/#", actually DOESN'T WORK.  And yes I made sure to update the media library after I made the change.  I even added another album previously never on the M3K with the correct tags to make sure it wasn't cached information causing the mis-sorting, and the songs within the album were still sorted alphabetically rather than by sequence despite this.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get an MP3 album off Amazon, any MP3 album.  Observe that the song order (track 1, 2, 3) is not alphabetical.
2. Put the album on the M3K and update the media library.
3. Open the album via the "category" view and play it.

What will happen: the songs will play in alphabetical order by title, first the songs whose title starts with "A", then "B", etc.

What SHOULD happen: the songs should play in the same order as listed on Amazon, first track 1, then track 2, etc.

Please, please, please fix this in a firmware update.  It should take an engineer less than a day to resolve it, and the return on investment for fixing it is incalculably large, I'm not exaggerating.  Otherwise I may be forced to return this player and that would be a shame.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11
AMPs
none
regtime
2021-1-15
Post time 5 Day Before |Show all posts |
When I switched to my FiiO M11, I ran into this problem too.

After some thoughts and testing, I found a solution: rename the files to something like:
12 Name of Song which can be very long.flac (or whatever format you use)

"12" is the title numer of the track. When an album has several CDs, I add the number of the CD to make it look like "512" (which is CD 5, track 12)

I created a short folder structure on the SD card like Artist / Album and copy all music files there. This works fine even with albums spanning 5, 10 or 12 CDs.

To tag my music I use MP3Tag (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html) which I highly recommend for all tagging jobs. MP3Tag is free, but you can donate to the developer. It runs on Windows and there's a macOS version in beta which works great so far.

Hope this helps.
HeinzHubert

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 5 Day Before |Show all posts |
Wildcard replied at 2021-1-11 04:18
Just set up my brand new M3K for the first time and ran into this same issue.

As a word on priority ...

Please share you music files to us for checking for you.

We failed to reproduce the problem you mentioned using the music files we have.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M3K
AMPs
N/A
regtime
2021-1-11
Post time Yesterday  07:28 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2021-1-15 09:20
Please share you music files to us for checking for you.

We failed to reproduce the problem you m ...

I've just sent you an example album that demonstrates the issue, with subject line "Re - music files for reproducing out-of-order play issue".  Please let me know when it gets fixed!  (Or when you receive the files and reproduce the issue.)  

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time Yesterday  11:00 |Show all posts |
Ok, I will download it and report to you.

Best regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-1-20 08:23 , Processed in 0.027687 second(s), 26 queries .